Thursday, August 5, 2010

Day 4 Research Dacia Hill

http://www.opendemocracy.net/democracy-irandemocracy/iran_alavi_4406.jsp

I choose this article because it discusses the women of Iran protesting their oppression. Ever day more women risk their lives to have rights. Many people try to oppress the young minds against the Regime, their Parents continue to keep the thoughts alive with secret parties and gatherings. Marjane Has to help hide the illegal things her parents do and fight to express herself. In Persepolis, Young children are brainwashed and sent to attack their own people. Iranians are S stripped of their personal identity and forced to be a drone of their ruler. Today, because of women who have fought and protested more women have a chance at life.


In my article a woman stated: "What crime am I about to commit that I feel so scared. Why should I be scared when I'm not doing anything wrong? When my government defends its ‘inalienable rights' [to nuclear power], why shouldn't I defend my own inalienable rights? This reminds me so much of Marjane because the are both expressing their knowledge of the rights they should be given. Both This woman and Marjane take on a lot of danger challenging the men of their country.

No comments:

Post a Comment