Thursday, August 19, 2010

Day 12 responce (sean Mackenna)


Coming to Columbia College Chicago is a very big step in my life. This is the time where I really have to show that I’m worth something or my parents said I’m out of the house. I feel like I’m not as ready as most people, but I am excited to be starting here in the fall because it will be a fresh start for me. I’m kind of worried about the work load. Homework has never been my thing. I usually put it off or turn it in really late. I just made it out of high school and I don’t want it to be the same way here at Columbia. I lack motivation to do homework. I always like to go out and have fun with my friends so my homework always came second. I think it will be a good idea to find a tutor or someone who I can do my homework with so that way I know it will get done and if I have questions ill be able to ask and get help. Another major issue I’m concerned with is getting a job while in college. I know I need to get one but with the school work and all my classes I don’t know if I’ll be able to commit time to a job. I had that problem in high school where I got home and go right to work. I want to be able to enjoy my college experience but still have some cash. The biggest concern to me though as of right now is showing my family I can really do this. They constantly ask me if going to college is something I want to do and I tell them every time yes, I want to go to college. They don’t believe in me which really hurts. I’m not sure why they don’t other then my past school experience but I want to prove them wrong. I want to graduate from Columbia and rub my degree in their faces.( literally) I really need to stay focused though on my school work and not let my friends and girls take up too much of my time. My sister goes to Marquette University in Wisconsin and my parents are so proud of her. She is the perfect child to them. I want to be at Columbia and do well so they can see I wasn’t a fuck up all my life and I know when to get serious about things. the bridge program really helped me realize what i have to do to make it to where i want to be in life. thank you Aaron and Katrina.

No comments:

Post a Comment