Thursday, August 19, 2010

Day 12 Response to Aaron: Kiarah Lazo


After going over all the corrections and comments on all my responses, it really helped me gain more to write about. The response I chose to write my five-page paper on is the Immigration Reform. Truthfully, I work better under pressure so when I wrote that paper it was actually two o’clock in the morning. That whole day I was thinking about what to write, when I read the word politics the whole SB1070 law came to mind. As I wrote the paper I felt I could have done better but I had run out of time. I knew this paper had something special to it and that’s why I chose to read this paper for our workshop. I wanted to get peoples thoughts and comments on this specific topic. I dealt with the same people in my community about this topic but it was great to tell people who haven’t even heard about this law. Just thinking about writing my five-page paper gets my heart racing. I’ve never felt this way about writing a paper and I’m not going to lie but I love this feeling. I’m filled with mixed emotions. I’m excited to start at the starting line and make my way to the finish line. The only thing I’m afraid of is missing out important events or even quotes that relate to my story. Also, I’m afraid I won’t be able to reach the five-page limit. Then again the word “details” comes to mind and I know if I fully break down each event into even smaller details my paper will turn out just fine. I really want to attend Columbia College and I would be absolutely devastated if this paper doesn’t come out too great and I lose my chance to getting into Columbia. This paper is what I’m mostly scared about right now. :/
I’ve made it this far…so I want to continue and never fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment