Thursday, August 19, 2010

Hakuna Matata- Antonio Hill

i was very nervous about applying to this school. i pondered the thought of not knowing anyone here. where's my income going to come from? what if the people here don't like me and i become exiled from everything? thinking all these thoughts just made me more nervous and more scared to come to Columbia. however, i always wanted to live in Chicago ever since my first visit here when i was 12. when i was in the boy scouts we came here and ever since then i was hooked. i think it was the Navy Pier that got me, or i could have been the Cadillac Theatre. i wasn't to fond of architecture back then nor did i even know what architecture was so i didn't pay attention to it. But now that i'm here,i love it. the atmosphere, the diversity, the landscaping, the shopping stores, etc. everything about Chicago is "off the chain." well, compared to Detroit it is. but, i'm still in need of a job. i can't live here broke and depending on my mother to send me money from Detroit. i'm not saying that i don't want her to send me money at all, because it'll still be nice to have her suport, i just want to make my own money so she can keep as much money as she can without worrying about me. i'm also worried about how i'll perform in school. i have a tendency of falling off in my studies after a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment