Thursday, August 12, 2010

Day 8 Response to Kendra- Arianna King


I work at the radio station called Power 92. Power 92 has a show for teens every Sunday from 7pm to 8pm. My job title is Sr. Music Producer and Co. Music Director. As the Sr. Music producer I have to have all the music cut, “clean” and ready for the show three days in advance. The Truestar office is Located on 1134 s. Wabash. So this means it is downtown. One of my coworkers decided to take a taxi to the Water Tower and shop. So by the time we got to work everyone was looking at us and our boss took us out of the room. She said, “Not only are you late but y’all have the nerves to come in with shopping bags up to haven.” She was very upset and sent us home for the day. On my way home I got into a small accident on the Dan Ryan. If I would have never gone shopping I would have been at work and not in that bumper accident. In the book Persepolis Marjane dad was so into his responsibility to his country that he forgot his family. “Look, I am so sorry darling I’ve been running around the whole day. I’ve got a splitting headache. You know what? I’m just going to fill up the tanks and then we’ll try to find a restaurant (88).” His actions ties to the fact of doing something that is less important, than what is important. He forgot about his own family so in an effort to make the situation a little better he wanted to take them out to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment