Thursday, August 12, 2010

Response to Tationa



There are different characteristics that can describe a “strong person”. It depends on how you look at it, whether it's physical strength or mental strength. If you are in bad areas and you think of someone strong, most people will immediately think of physical strength. I can’t think of many situations where someone would refer to a smart person as being strong except for if you were in an atmosphere that consisted mostly of smart people. I think why most people think of "strong" as someone that is physically built is because it is a physical feature that you can see, while on the other hand, being strong minded is less commonly related to being strong because it is an internal function that most people don’t see until they engage themselves in an active conversation. I believe that age does matter in certain circumstances, because it is rare for a child to have a mature open mind because their brains are still developing. Also, I feel that as a person ages they have more experience with dealing with problems. As a person ages they learn to think before they act out and they can visualize the outcome which gives them a huge advantage over a kid who hasn’t learned to think like this. I feel strongly about thinking before you speak because there are so many things that can go wrong in a situation where you say things before you speak. I could relate to this when I was younger because I would frequently say things without putting any thought into it which got me into trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment