Thursday, August 12, 2010

Response to Kendra (Christopher Johnson)


I've never ditched school because I'm just a good boy ( I'm lying through my teeth I couldn't ditch because my mom worked there). I must say I have abandoned some responsibilities that were very important. There was a time I was supposed to go to my grandma's house to check on her but I really didn't feel like it so I didn't. I went to hang with my friends at the movies because I'm just cool like that (not really). As it turns out my grandmother was okay but she had gone the whole day without taking her medicine and eating. I felt so bad because I felt as though I could have just taken 20 minutes out of my day to make sure my grandmother was alright and then i could have gone out. Ever since that day I've been determined not to every neglect the responsibility of checking on my grandmother. At this point in time I want to cherish every memory that I have with her because now she has Alzheimer's Disease and sometimes forgets things. I make it a point to tell her that I love her everyday and i give her a kiss on the cheek. I sometimes remember the day I neglected to check on her because a lot of my grandmothers passed away and I'm sure all of my friends wish they could kiss there grandma just one last time. So I've made a vow that as long as my grandmother is living she will know how much I love and care about her through my actions because even though she might forget who I am I have some glimmer of hope she might remember the loving and kind things I've done for her. This can relate to the book because Sister Janet really loves and cares about the boys in prison and she is sure to take responsibility for their well being.

No comments:

Post a Comment