Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day 2 Answer Christopher Johnson


There are a number of things in my life that I wish I could go back and change, but I don't have a time machine. For the most part I've lead a pretty happy life. I have some of the best friends a boy could wish for, a loving sometimes irritating mom, and a very loving family. I don't usually take heed to advice people give me because I sometimes feel my way is the best way. A lot of times I tend to fall on my ass and then realize what someone was telling me was right. Most of the things that I normally ignore is usually something small but the one person I wish I had listened to was my high school guidance counselor. She stressed the importance of having good grades and a good ACT score to ensure being accepted to my college of choice. Well as usual I decided I was going to do things my way. Well obviously my way didn't work because I let my grades take a dramatic decline in my junior year and I also chose not to take the ACT seriously which is one decision I will regret for the rest of my life. A lot of unfortunate things happened to me junior that I allow affect me therefore it resulted in me not taking school seriously. If I focused more on my grades and my ACT I would have been accepted into Columbia right away and not be in the Bridge Program to prove that I am able to do college level work. I think the Bridge Program is a very positive thing that helps my outlook on college but I'd much rather be at home sleeping right now. Although I wish I would have listened to my counselor and everyone else who told me to take school more seriously I'm not going to dwell in the past. I'm going to make every day here count and take a whole different outlook on my college education. I'm going to leave you all with a piece of advice.... when someone older who has already been where you are going gives you advice take it because nine times out of ten they know what they're talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment