Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day 3:Answer to Sean Mckenna (Jorgina Kelly)



In high school I always wanted to have friends and do what I wanted to do. I regret that I wanted to do that because I skipped classes, disobeyed the teachers and always was in detention or suspended. That landed me nowhere but failing and not graduating on time, which is why this is my first year at Columbia College. It has affected my life now because I could be somewhere closer to my career but I decided in high school that I wanted to be me and try to fit in with the in crowd by doing what they did as a group. I regret hanging with the people I thought I was "friends" with because peer pressure can consume someone's mind then most would think it can. As my senior year came around then that is when I realized that I did not have friends, I had associates. I came to the realization that I was born in this world by myself so nobody has to look out for me, inspire, motivate or encourage me, that is something that I had to install in myself and that's exactly what I did. Back then school was not as mandatory to me as it is now that I have learned that most good jobs and careers requires good education. I do not want to just rely on my talent but also my knowledge and what I can bring forward to the table. That's why I'm starting my knowledge and career with Columbia College.


No comments:

Post a Comment