Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Do it right the first time!


One thing I would change about my past would be my saving habits. In my previous days I didn’t think about saving money for any reason. Every time I would receive an income of any sort, I would go shopping and hang out with friends. In today’s society money is pretty much everything to everyone. We as Americans need money to do just about everything. I went some days without it and I was limited to certain things. If I would have saved from my freshman year of high school (when I start really getting income) up to now, going into my freshman year of college, I probably would have paid my first year of college off! Just to think of the things I would have been able to do today, kind of make me feel bad, like for instance I could have had a new drum set, fixed my truck up a long time ago versus waiting up to this year, took care of my books for college, and could have help out my parents a couple times. Not saving back then has forced me to work harder today and has put me behind schedule. Now that I know better I go by this saying that my dad always tell me, “you do it right the first time, you have to go be a second time”. That statement has a lot of meaning in it and it can be used for any situation. Life would be a lot easier and simpler if we as people do it right in the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment