Monday, August 9, 2010

Day 5 answer to Skyler (tationa)


I have read the book before, so I think the parents stayed but Marjane didn’t because the parents wanted best for her which would be moving to Vienna. They saw how much the war made an impact on her and the parents wanted a better and peaceful up bringing than what they had when they were children. In my opinion, I believe that if there was a war I wouldn’t stay. Wars are dangerous and almost any and everyone can get hurt. I have enough pride to live in the US, but if it’s something that may hurt me or my family then I would leave and never come back until things get better. People would understand that leaving for a better life would be much better than living in a war. However, in True Notebooks leaving a gang for a better future is the opposite of facing a war. “If you turn your back on the gang, who do you go left? By the time you’re locked up, how many people you think still care about you? Your family, maybe and that’s it. And they can’t do the time with you. If you leave the gang, you’re a buster, and everybody hates you” (76). If you turn your back on them, then they would look at you as a traitor and in some cases come after you. Gangs are like war you either stay with the group or die by the hands of your gang family.

No comments:

Post a Comment