Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Answer to Kiarah Lazo- Antonio Hill


I’m sure we have all lost a loved one at some point in life. Maybe it was your brother, aunt, uncle, sister, mother, dad, grandfather, grandmother, or just a close friend. I’ve been to two funerals in one week back in June. I’ve attended my uncle’s funeral in early July and my grandmother's funeral back in February. I didn't cry at no of the funerals I went to. It’s not that I wasn't sad or anything because I was very down when I heard the news. I was close to all of them but I just couldn't bring myself to cry. After my friends funeral in June I started looking at life different and that's why I’m here at Columbia College right now. I started to notice that life is too short to play around and not have anything to show for all your years of living. Some people don't even have a diploma, and that's just crazy. My friends died on their graduation day in a car crash. So I went to college because I didn't want my friends to die in vain. They were supposed to attend Columbia College with me. So I did get a little, if not any, positive results out of my friends dying. However, if my little brother dies I’m pretty sure there will be no saving me from insanity. I don't even like thinking about death, especially when it involves someone close to me. He’s not my blood brother but blood wouldn't make us any closer. I grew up with him, I’ve known him since I was a baby and we've been tight ever since then. If he dies then I die, that's how I feel about the situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment