Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Day 10: Answer to Kiarah (Jorgina Kelly)



In the summer time, people visit their family or friends for the summer and just for the summer. In summer of 2008, I met this boy named Ryan. He was working in the summer program with the rest of the people that live out in Aurora. I was completely unaware that he was just visiting for the summer. We started talking and became a couple. As the end of the summer started to come, people kept asking him when he was going home. He then told me that he lived in Milwaukee and was just visiting his cousins. I was very shocked and not so much disappointed. I didn’t think before to ask where he lived or what school he went to. He wanted to ask his aunt can he stay with her and attend school at the same high school I went to but he said he knew she was going to say no. I told him that it’s ok and just leave it alone. That was the most unexpected lost I ever experienced. Until this day he still visits his aunt and cousins and I get a chance to see him. August 15 of this year would have made a two year anniversary for us. There wasn’t any negativity out of that situation besides a broken heart for him. The positivity is that he will be attending Columbia College next year. I truly believe in that saying, “If You Really Love Something Then You Should Let It Go, If It Comes Back Then It Is Truly Yours.”

No comments:

Post a Comment