Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Day 10 response to Antonio Hill


It took many years to find my voice. I had to learn how to make people listen and appreciate the word I spoke. When you have things to say and no one will like it becomes a distraction in you like I think. You always keep your thought sealed in and sooner or later you mind feels like it’s about to explode. I believe attaining the attentions of others and being able to inspire people with your thoughts is a gift. It is a power of its own.

In middle school I was worst that invisible; I was seen and not liked. I was powerless and no one was there to save me. I spent most of the days avoiding my school mates and when I saw them I was miserable. I can remember going home and crying almost every night because I was so depressed by the things people say and the way they treated me. I never played at recess or spoke in class because I felt if I wasn’t good at something they would laugh at me. I would wish I was invisible just to get away from it all. When I figured out I could sing in 5th grade I gained a small level of confidence and respect. It was something no one could do as well as me. I used it as a power of my own. It was my ticket to a better life. I t was my gift and I’m glad that I have it. No I sing whenever I can to remind myself of how I moved past everything I went through. Today I feel like there is no one who can scare me because I have knowledge and my own sense of beauty within myself.

In Persepolis Marjane looses everyone for month and has to live on the streets. She felt like she had no on to depend on. She also lost he dinity. "I didnt have anyone"(239) Marjane had to find he way back to her life and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment