Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Response to Kiarah


I have had a specific situation where I unexpectedly lost someone. It was Valentine ’s Day and bought my girlfriend a pair of earrings that I put a lot of thought effort into purchasing. She was an amazing singer so I enjoyed writing songs and playing gigs with her I was also really attached at the time so I wanted to express my love and affection towards her by buying her a nice present. She was happy to see me and we both exchange our gifts. We kiss and go off doing our own thing when suddenly out of the blue I receive a text message saying “It’s over”. After this text I was devastated because everything seemed perfect, I thought she was the best thing that ever happened to me because we had so much in common. I tried talking to her about it but she remained silent for about 2 months. I tried everything to let it go and move on but there was some part of me that was still attached. The fact that she kept the earrings was really bothering me because not only did she break up with me but she kept the earrings. I couldn’t even talk to her so it was impossible to take them back. I couldn’t forget about her because she still had the earrings. I realized that I shouldn’t spend my time dwelling over a girl I thought I loved when she clearly didn’t love me. From there on, I erased her from my life as if she didn’t exist. She eventually came back after a few more months but there was no way I could forgive someone for doing something like this for no given reason. I have lost more than I gained throughout this experience but I have learned how to cope with losing someone important to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment