Monday, August 16, 2010

Day 9: Answer to Reminiscing(Jorgina Kelly)

One thing that I still hold on from the past is my stuffed animal that I inherited from my grandmother. When I was about 6 or seven, my grandmother passed away. Before she passed away, whenever she made her bed, she always used to put this red stuffed animal between her pillows. I always wanted to have it but she never gave it to me. When she deceased, I kept it because that was the way that I felt that I still had my grandmother. I also hold onto my half of a dollar bill that my sister and I split down the middle. It represents how close we are. You can spend half of a dollar which is spending 50 cents but you cannot literally go in the store and split the dollar and spend it. You have to spend the whole dollar and probably get change. I want to hold on to the little things that count like a ring I was given from my mother. If there is not anything physical to hold onto then I would always want to hold onto the memories. In True Notebooks, Kevin had gone on a field trip with his teacher after school. Kevin states, “I know it wasn’t a spectacular day, but I cherish that day because that was the only person that took time out of their life to help me make it through the death of my parents.”(P. 44) Aside from the bad memories before getting locked up, this was a clear and very fun memory for Kevin.

No comments:

Post a Comment