Monday, August 16, 2010

Response to Dacia (Christopher Johnson)




I can honestly say that I have never denied my true self to impress anyone. However I have the hardest time relating to any culture because I'm so many things wrapped up in one. However I had the hardest time openly discussing my homosexuality because I knew it wasn't accepted by the people closest to me (i.e my childhood friend). I never really denied it but I just wouldnt talk about it because I was afraid that the people closest to my would disown or deny me. I overcame this by the time I was in high school when I was basically forced to "come out of the closet". I had to learn that people need to accept me for who I am or just not speak to me and I ended up cutting alot of people out of my life. I had to learn no matter what the situation is your true friends will always remain by your side and if not then you have to learn to let them go. In True Notebooks Francisco Javier had to learn this the hard way. Very early on in the book he talks about his "homies" and how he thought they would have his back. "Ever since I got busted, I have never received a letter or personals from my homeboys."(41)That is why I make it a mission to stay true to myself no matter what because I know people come and go but true friends remain close to you forever.

1 comment:

  1. Chris, I really enjoyed reading you Blog. I'm glad you learned to realized how to move past every unpleasant person and remain comfortable with you self. I believe the best lessons are the ones that took you the longest to learn and ones that gave you the most trouble. :)

    ReplyDelete