Monday, August 16, 2010

day 9 response to sam (sean Mackenna)


The one thing i wish i could go back and hold onto are the good times and memories i had with my grandfather. he died last july and since then i have been putting it out of my mind. death is something no one wants to talk about because we all know what it is. alot of the memories i had were good times and funny jokes. he was the kind of person who would always sing. Frank sinatria was always his favorite and i could guarantee you i could sing that "take me to the moon" song without having to look at the lyrics once from all the times he sang it. There was another time that he just got a cell phone and he wanted me to put the volume on it all the way up. i did and then a few days later he texted me. we had dinner that night and he was showing my grandma how he could text. i thought it would be funny to text him from across the table. as i was secretly typing under the table "love ya gramps" he decided to make a call. when the phone was right next to his ear the phone rang on loud from my text and the poor guy almost had a heart attack. it was hilarious but i felt bad. He was a very funny guy and was liked by all. he had friends everywhere. we couldn't go to a restaurant without seeing one of his buddies. a lot of the kids from true notebooks miss there families. probably more then i miss my grandpa. it must kill them to know that if they didnt mess up they would be able to spend time with them while i cant even if I'm not locked up. the boys hold onto there memories as children because that's all they have left. "if i didnt care about myself or others, how could i have possibly cared for a cloud. (20) Ruben had a very good metaphor hear. he says that he didn't care about anybody that meant the world to him but he took the time to look at a cloud. he focuses on the little aspects in life instead of the things that matter, the big picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment