Monday, August 16, 2010

Day 9 responce to sam Dacia A. Hill

To proud
From past


When I look back on my past I can’t find many moments where I was happy with myself or my surroundings. I was somethimes young girl with a broken view of myself. People are not always considerate to who you are when you are thought of as no one. I am glad that I can now say I am proud of the things I went through. I would keep it all, the hate the disrespect the sadness because now I am someone better than the people of my past. The memories of unrealistic self images that are unattainable for a girl like me. Even the moments when I wanted to do is give up on life itself I am here now. I pushed past what I was afraid.

In Persepolis, Marjane holds on to her life in Iran. Once she gets past her shame caused by change. She realizes she leads a life of lies and is scared to be herself. After she hears three girls talking and laughing at her for her dishonesty about a boy, she finally stands up for herself and claims he identity again. “You are going to shut up or I AM going to make you! I AM Iranian and proud of it!”(197) when she leaves the place she thinks she wants to cry but really she sees how good it is to actually be yourself: “For the first time …I felt proud” (197). The words of her grandmother finally begin to make sense. There is time when my parents gave me advice and I never understood it all until I experienced it first hand in life. Once I found that inner confidence I was also proud to stand up and show the world who I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment