Monday, August 16, 2010

Day 9 answer to sam (Tationa)


The one thing that I would hold on to the most is the memories of my best friends from the 7th to my sophomore year being in Kenwood. I never want to think about a bad situation. There have been times that I would keep in negative things about myself and not good ones. There have been times where I lacked confidence and thought that I could never be like someone who was more confident and more outgoing than me. Now that I am older, I’m starting to realize that my confidence and my strength is in myself and I should throw away the negative like trash and hold the positive in like my heart. I believe that nobody should keep in the negative not even have a negative attitude. We all will have set backs. We just need to pull through them. In True Notebooks, their past reflects on them being in jail. The past always comes back because the past is the reason why they are in jail. Prisoners like Jimmy for instance constantly brings back the past because the situation he was in doing drugs. Being in jail your past begins to take over you and because of what he did, it takes over him mentally. It’s up to you to be a strong person. “Society can take away our physical freedom, but we still got spiritual freedom. You could be in the worst place in the world, but still get as much freedom as you want, as long as you got God in your heart” (220). I agree with Francisco because as long as you have God in your heart and let go of the situation and be you. You will be a positive strong person.

No comments:

Post a Comment