Monday, August 16, 2010

response to Sam


Reflecting back over my past bring few memories to mind. Coming out of 8th grade going into my freshman year of high school my mother and gave me this long helpful speech. But when she was talking i felt as tough it was very boring and she didn't know what she was talking about. When my mom was in school things was much different than they is now.She shared with me the Good things about going into high school and the bad things things. She explain how important my freshman year was and the importance of my education. I didn't take nothing serious everything she told me went in one ear and came out another. I went into high school doing what Kendra wanted to do. Not knowing i was messing up my future by skipping classes, not completing homework/classwork. I felt as long as i had a D i was okay and i would past .I wasn't aware of my GPA until one of my teachers showed me on my report card,I started to feel ashamed. Now that i look back and think of everything my mother told me i wish i would have listen to her. I could of made a big difference in my future than it is now.
On pg 43 Jimmy reflect back on the time his third grade teacher took him to the museum. At that point Jimmy said "i needed someone there for me" He needed much comfort and support.
Although my story and Jimmy story really don't connect but next time when i am receiving word of advise toward my future i will take every word in. I am so quick to past judgment on the first thing that comes to mind instead of listening first.

No comments:

Post a Comment