Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Day 6 Reponse- Antonio Hill


Many people express themselves through their writing. Like me, some people elaborate more when they write instead of talking verbally and then stumble on their words. The art of writing is good to have, not everyone can organize what they are thinking and put them into words that make helps people to understand what's on their mind. Just a simple essay can tell so much about a person. It can tell what you're thinking, how you are feeling at the moment, your past or you’re present. Some may not know, but when writing, the choice of words you use depends on your emotion believe it or not. But if I was a juvenile delinquent, I would write about whatever I feel whether it was good or bad. I wouldn't have a specific, one-sided topic all the time because I have too many feelings. If I’m around bad things all my life I’ll write about it as well as write about the good things I have yet to experience. Writing about negativity can be both relevant and irrelevant depending on how you choose to express it. If you're just talking about negativity for no reason then it'll be considered irrelevant, however if you're talking about your background and it has some negativity then I guess it'll be relevant. On page 98 of the text, Kevin states “During difficult times, I think about freedom and what it really is. Some people say that I don’t have freedom because I’m in jail but I have freedom and lots of it.” With that being said, it depends on how people look at the negativity and how they choose to take it. Kevin makes a good thing out of a bad situation, so I would say it’s how the person defines negativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment