Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Day 6 Response to JORGINA {{Sherrae'}}

If i was a juvenile delinquent I think my writing would vary. Of course I would be angry at the fact that I made a horrible decision to end up at a Juvenile Hall, but I think I would write about being placed behind bars to release anger. Writing for me, is a way to express myself. Then there would be days that I would be so angry that I wouldn't even want to think about it, let alone write about it. I honestly think that my mood would affect my writing for the day. In the novel True Notebooks, Jimmy states "Sometimes you cant think of anything positive. All you can think about is the negative, because that's all there is in your life." If your constantly thinking about the negative than you will never write about the positive things in life. I'm trying to really imagine being a juvenile delinquent and being in a writing class. I guess like I've stated above my mood would have a great affect on my writing for the day. Okay I have an example, in the novel Kevin writes about helping a former inmate. After helping that person he states, "I felt good that I helped somebody out, because I know that someone helped me when I was struggling." That would be a positive thing to write about.

No comments:

Post a Comment