Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Day 6 Response Tony Jackson


I come from a very culturally mixed family. There are Catholic, Baptist, Jewish, and Muslims beliefs all in one house hold so I don’t have a real strong pull toward which one is right and which one is wrong. I do feel that there is a higher being up there somewhere but I’m not positive if his name is God or Allah. Even though bad things happen I don’t think that people should pond it off on “it was an act of god” or sit back and do nothing and say “It's in God’s hands”. I feel that he doesn’t exists because of the simple fact that according to god, if I don’t do this I’m going to hell or if I do that I’m going to hell as if I’m suppose to fear something that I can’t see, touch or hear.
“Are you really out there” pg 82 is something that Jimmy and many people find themselves asking and waiting for an answer that won’t come. I do believe in a way but then I don’t believe at the same time. I don’t feel that he has done me wrong and I don’t feel that he has done me any good I just live with all the challenges that get thrown my way.
What he has done for me is helped me get through the traumatic experience of being robbed at gun point in my own house and have everything taken from me. But on the opposite side of things I can ask, why would he put me through something like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment