Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Day 6 Response to Jorgina (Christopher Johnson)


I would rather write about something positive because it would take my mind off of my current situation. There have been many times in my life when I felt as though everything around me was going wrong but I would always find something to make me feel better even if only for a few minutes (i.e singing, listening to the radio, etc.) I think if you focus on the negative you will never be truly happy because happiness comes from within. The Bible states life and death lie within power of the tongue. If you speak positive things then positive things will happen in your life the same concept goes for negativity. This concept goes for writing as well. I feel that writing is an escape from your current situation so if you continue to write negative things then negativity will always be your state of being. So basically what I'm trying to say in a nutshell is that the boys should write positive things in their classes because ultimately negativity surrounds them all the time so in the time they get to spend with Mark everything should be positive.I think this is the message Sister Janet is trying to get across to the prison guards and Mark as well."It all boils down to one thing; the kids want to feel that they matter to someone."(27) She wants the kids to have something positive in their lives so that's why I think all the writing the kids do should be positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment