Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Day 2 Answer-Arianna King


As a teenager many would think I would blast music and rebel against the world. But, As Arianna I love to ice skate. Life seems so drama free. Watching me sit and be so amazed watching the ice skating Olympics my mom got an idea. My mom eventually put me in ice skating. When I ice skate I feel like everything is not as heavy as it really is. When I close my eyes and just glide across the shiny glass like ice, I drift away to another dimension. When my mom died I ran off to the local Ice Rink and Skated all day. Life as I knew it changed and I felt like skating could no longer help as an outlet. When my mom died the skating company gave me a free membership to skate for a year. They told me they felt that I still had a home there. So with that membership I stayed at the rink every day and every night. When I turned 14 I joined a skating team. The skating team went all the way to the Jr. local competition. I came in 3rd place. When I got my medal I swear to this day I saw my mom smile in the stands. My escape to life is skating. No matter what happens I find myself gliding across the ice feeling free as an eagle.

No comments:

Post a Comment