Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Day 2, Answer: Sherrae' Lee

Well who am I? Well I’m Sherrae’ Lee. I’m 17 years old. I’m the daughter of two Pastors. Yes, I’m a “PK Kid” (Preachers’ Kid). Even though I’m a Christian I’m still a regular person. My morals and beliefs may be different from other people but, that’s just like any other person. But I do believe because I’m a Christian and because my parents are Pastors that may have a big influence who I actually am.  Since I can remember it has always been a requirement for the Lee family to attend church. Let’s just say I was basically born in the church. I’ve been to every Sunday worship and bible study. My morals and expectations remain high for me. In the Lee household I was always pressured to remain abstinence, dress and act a certain way.
My parents of course are very strict. I wasn’t allowed to date until I was 16 years old. My parents felt that I wasn’t old enough or ready for a relationship physically or mentally. I attended a high school where everyone had a boyfriend or girlfriend. So I was always pressured into getting a boyfriend because that’s what all the other high school students we’re doing.
In my house my parents were very particular about what I wore outside my house. I wasn’t allowed to wear clothing that revealed my body. This meant no tight clothing, short dresses, or low cut shirts. My mother would always tell me that my body was Gods’ temple. Of course girls my age dress the total opposite from the way I do.
When I was in high school I was always pressured to use profanity, get attitudes with students, and disrespect adults. But my parents taught me to behave like a young lady. I was given specific instructions to respect all adults no matter what the situation. I attended a high school where students thoughts it was cool to disrespect adults, but in my house that behavior was totally unacceptable. Being the daughter of parents who were both pastors, everyone’s expectations for me were set so high. No one expects me to have a boyfriend or wear clothing that I think I make me look good. I don’t want to disrespect adults. I just would like to be consider a normal teenager.
So the question is who do I really believe I’am. I guess I’m just a young Christian adult that has been guided through life in a different way. I strongly believe that who I’am or who I’ve become reflects on the guidance I was given as a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment