Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Day 2, Answer: Samuel Johnson

I am Samuel Johnson. I’m known to a lot of different people as Sam “BAMM” (a name that was given to me from varies of musicians). Music is my life and passion, it’s what makes me who I truly am. My mindset is not like the advantage young adult my age. I look at things in a simple but deep mind frame. I observe my surroundings and very aware of lots. I dedicated my life to God and will serve no one or nothing besides him. I use music to express my true feelings, like many other musicians. But in a way I’m probably different because I go in extra deep with my playing. Not necessarily playing harder or faster, it’s a thinking method for me. For instance, I could’ve had a bad week, well when I begin to play the drums or even just listen to music, more events (besides that particular week) begin to pop in my head, like things that I’ve been through as a little kid up to my current age whether it was good or bad. I want to consider myself as a role model for a lot of young children that starting out in music because God has blessed me to go through things and bring me out of things so I can help the kids that are coming up to not go through the same. This journey so far has been great, I have a lot to tell and if I can’t always say what’s been going on verbally, I always show it through my playing. So in all I can put myself in one word overall, which is an Example.

No comments:

Post a Comment