Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Day 2, Answer: Jamahl Jackson

Who I am…

I am Jamahl Jackson.I consider myself to be like a raging mustang in the wild. I am a bull going against life., I am a wave of emotion that fills the loins of gods. 
I believe that everything happens for a reason, Even if we don’t want it to happen. I believe that we all make mistakes that are due to mankind’s uncertainty and lost of drive for the common people. 
I believe in not just America but other cultures as well.
As a Child I grew up amongst people that were considered to be different because they didn’t look or sound like everybody else. I Grew up amongst a different culture other than my own. This was especially hard for me because I had to learn about my own culture, where I came from and also the history of my adoptive parents. I had to lean a language that wasn’t consistent with mine. I had to immerse myself in the bodies of water of their culture and learn what they knew, the right or wrongs, the do and don’ts. I had to learn the meaning of a new self. In my mind I had to develop a lust for new culture and had to subside the old one. I had to find a figurative heart for a new group of peoples that loved me no matter which way I looked or the color of my skin. They loved me for me and what I believe. I am a person, I am jamahl Jackson and I was raised by Filipinos and I’m proud of it!    

No comments:

Post a Comment