Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Day 2 Answer Dacia Hill


In my neighborhood there aren’t groups to express your feelings. We tend to be introverts and stand strong or even against our own culture. I am a free sprit compared to the people in my community. When I am stressed out from sadness I tend to sing songs that express my emotions. My favorite artist is Tracy Chapman. She embodies every emotion I have. I pretend as if she’s singing to me, asking me questions and helping me move pass my sadness. Sometimes I sing the song with her. I sing to her that is my communication. Although she cannot hear me it always helps. Singing is the second half of my life. When I sing my stress ceases to exist. I am (as Katrina says) at peace with myself because the sound is beautiful. Everyone around me listens to it and they are happy. They are proud. It is who I aspire to be every day. When I am speaking I am “Dacia”, when I am Singing am the “songbird” Never afraid to fly. When I feel frustrated with myself I write poetry. Sometimes they are self evaluations and sometimes they are list’ of questions with no answers. I believe life has the answers and I have to experience it to obtain them. I am never free, I just am. Everything I do connects to my culture because each day I meet someone who is afraid to feel free and I am one of them. To scared to be myself. Always to sacred to show them how to fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment