Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Day 2, Answer: Antonio Hill

When I get stressed out or partially frustrated I listen to music. Music is always a key to release for me because it expresses so much. The beat, the melody, and the rhythm of a song can change my mood very quickly. I just forget everything, tune everything out and get into my music mode. Mainly jazz or soft R&B, or even some mellow hip hop music. I write music most times so I can let my rage out on a page instead of on a human being. It sooths me; without music I don’t know where I would be or what I would be doing. I’d probably be in jail because I would have snapped a long time ago, honestly. Especially living in a place where everyone around you is doing something you don’t want to do or living in a place you want to get out of. Music comes in handy; it can take you to another place. Writing lets your imagination run free. You can be anyone, you can be anywhere, and you can do/say what you want when you write. Frustration seems to not exist in my world. I’m a big music fan so it’s easy for me to get lost. You’ll rarely see me mad thanks to the sweet sounds of a jazz guitar or a soft, mellow rap song that has a meaning instead of just rambling. That’s what I like and that’s what I do whenever I feel frustrated or stressed. Poetry is always good too, that kind of falls in line with writing music. It’s not as easy as think it is so don’t be fooled. Yes, it is easy to rhyme but it is not easy to put your thoughts on paper and make it so people know what you’re talking about. On top of that, making it into a rhythm; its difficult stuff but it’s what my heart beats for.

No comments:

Post a Comment