Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I’m a musician, and I believe that you can do anything you want if you set goals and believe in yourself. Throughout my years I have been through many phases in life consisting of playing sports, skateboarding, taking photos, music, and guitar. In almost every dilemma I come across I try to find an immediate solution. I believe that music is a form of art and should be appreciated for the talent no matter what genre it is. Throughout my life I have always tried to be a little different than a typical teenager because I believe that I have a different perspective in life. Throughout high school I wanted to become a professional guitarist. I knew that by practicing a couple hours a night wouldn’t cut it because there are millions of guitarists out there and the odds of me being noticed would be one in a million. After this realization I knew that I needed to do more than just practice a couple hours every day after school, so I started practicing 8 hours every day until my fingers would blister. After keeping up with this routine for almost 2 years I realized that in order to improve my chances of getting noticed I would have to be a versatile musician. I started learning jazz, blues, flamenco, classic…ect. After expanding my range in styles of playing, I started to experiment with all of them. I knew that one thing those other million guitarists didn’t have was creativity along with the positive outlook on committing your life to playing guitar. To me that sounded kind of risky but I know that becoming a professional musician you need to make some sacrifices. Unfortunately, I set school aside for a little while until I noticed that I was able to do both. My friends would frequently come over to drag me out of the house because they thought I was practicing too much. My friends are a group of kids who are also involved with music one way or another. I’m fortunate to have friends as good as the ones I do because they are awesome kids and they are also good influences who would keep me out of trouble. Personally I wouldn’t consider myself a full out rocker because that’s not all that I do. I’m really big into sports, photography, skim boarding, and all sorts of stuff that continue to do as hobbies. Back to being a musician, I still have the same positive outlook on pursuing my career in the music industry. And I have big hopes for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment