Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Day 2 Answer/ Kiarah Lazo


I believe that I am a unique individual; an individual that is nowhere near perfection. Throughout my life I have been through many struggles which made it seem as so I wouldn’t make it far in life. I had both positive and negative people around me who somewhat molded me. They molded me to the person I am today. I myself was brought up in confusion, not knowing where to go most of the time. The things I’ve heard and seen have me think twice about every single thing in life. When I was younger, I didn’t know what the future held for me. Life was fine and dandy back then, no worries about anything. Why is it that as we grow older, our minds expect the unexpected? I am brown; I am a Latina. I would define myself as art; I am the brush to the paint. Anything that deals with art easies my soul, my mind, and heart; Art is my life. Art was brought in my life as a early age. Where I grew up my community was art, Pilsen is the heart of Chicago. Everyone around me encouraged me to continue what I was doing with art. I knew art was going to take me to bigger and better places but who would have known I would be where I’m at today. Art introduced me to photography which is what I want to pursue in life. And it also introduced me to other sorts of topics such as politics. If it wasn’t for art, I wouldn’t be who I am. I wouldn’t have made it this far.

No comments:

Post a Comment