Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Bridge

I have to say that the Bridge Program was a very positive experience for me overall. I really enjoyed the class and everyone for the most part was very welcoming and friendly. I made quite a few friends during this experience. The one thing I can say I did take from this experience is Columbia is not your ordinary school. Actually when I first walked into English I couldnt believe some man with like 1000 tattoos was our teacher. The whole time I was in high school my teachers stressed that tattoos weren't professional however you contradicted that statement because I've gotten more out of this class than I've gotten out of any English class that I ever took in high school. In some respects you showed me it was okay to be different and show individuality. This also showed me at Columbia anything can happen.

The only thing I would actually change about the program is making the post lecture discussions shorter. There were many days I didnt want to be bothered and just wanted to go home and enjoy the rest of my day. Sometimes I felt the lectures weren't important enough to actually have an intelligent discussion about especially the one about Zombies because we all know zombies arent real. I'm actually glad I was given the opportunity to be apart of the Bridge Program because it gave me a more in depth look at what college is all about. The last thing I would change is the times I would make it a little later in the day because I am not a morning person LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment