Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Day 14 Response: Kiarah Lazo


These past four weeks have truly been a great experience. Before I came to the bridge program I was scared and felt unprepared to start something new. Once I stepped foot in the building of Columbia, I felt home. I have to admit I wasn’t do so well in the beginning because I wasn’t used to writing papers everyday or actually doing all my math problems. The only thing I would change is the time frame. I would have loved if this program ran until 5 o’clock in the afternoon. I learned so much that I wish I had more time and enjoy this experience even more.
The one thing I loved and wouldn’t change is the people here at Columbia. I’ve dealt with really cool people back in Pilsen in high school but the people here are a different story. These students are unique in many ways. I’ve never been around such a large crowd who love art the way I do. I actually met an interesting person who loves photography and is majoring in it just like myself. It’s great to met people with the same interest and it is also great to meet new people to learn new things. Columbia is the place for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment