Tuesday, August 24, 2010

day 14 response


the one part of the bridge program i enjoyed was writing the papers. being able to write and express ourselves and our opinions. my high school was very straight to the point. they told us what to write about and how to format it and even how to print it...weird i know. college though sounds like its going to be really exciting because its based around me (I'm not all about myself) but being able to talk and write about the things i want to is a really big thing to me. i didn't like writing papers in school about a famous role model who had to be off a list and when i got here Aaron basically said just write. whatever comes to your mind. i like that kind of freedom. the workshops were very beneficial to me because it wasn't people just down talking my paper. i got positive feed back which made me feel good seeing as though i was never showed kindness about my work in any of my English classes.

i only had a minor problem with the lectures. some of them had me taking notes, asking questions, and really getting into it while others i thought to myself "you really just gave a lecture on how to ask a question?" (i just asked a question haha) the zombie lecture and the one about marketing were my two favorites. i think that i connected to them because marketing is one of the fields i want to look into and zombies just rock. overall though i guess i enjoyed the lectures because even though some put me to sleep i still was able to get information out of them that can help me in the future. for real though...if i ever hear that dinosaur song again.. i felt like i was watching barney

No comments:

Post a Comment