Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Day 14 bridge(taiona jones)

I wouldn’t change anything about the bridge program to be honest. I found this program simple. My only problem was my mathematics class, but everything was ok. All I needed to do was to give effort in both math and English class and that was my only problem. I really liked the lectures because you really get know about certain classes. The lectures also appealed to the students and how we can go from high school level work to college level work. This program has really helped me a lot especially in my writing. I wasn’t so sure about my writing because I thought it didn’t sound right or probably didn’t make any sense in my opinion. Having my English professor go over my essay really helped me become a better writer. The teacher sorted out my mistakes and now I feel more confident in my work.
One thing I would change is to eliminate the museum visits. The lectures were interesting however the museum visits are boring. I would want to go somewhere interesting. Maybe walk around the school and know about the departments and how to get there. I know that you should learn this on your own but since we are new students, we should know more about Columbia and what Columbia has to offer. I feel that lectures weren’t good enough to know about the school. I feel that it’s pointless to go to a museum and just do work about that one art piece like the first museum visit to the art museum. I feel that it doesn’t benefit us. It was nice being in this school just to get a taste of what Columbia looks like but I feel that maybe just change the field trip activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment