Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Answer to Sharrae- Jamahl Jackson


We all seem to have things like loved one and material things ripped from us in a instance and withour notice.I often feel like things are always taken from you then your life is changed.

I remember a time when my life changed dramatically.I left from the U.S.A because my dad was in the military so we moved alot.At first I was excited about moving to a diffrent country then soon my feelings changed from excited to dispair and madness.It changed about because i thought at first i was movin to tokyo but later found out that we were moving to manilla,Philipines."I never heard of that place" I thought to myself but I have heard of china and things like bruce lee,Jackie Chan,and Jet Li.So this is what I associated Asian culture with.

But my life changed so dramatically because when i got there i found out that it was nothing like that, it was nothing what i thought.It was very traditional and laid back.The atmosphere was very tranquil. I thought to myself "they dont do the same things that we do in the usa.

I just wanted to blend in and hurry and get it over.

I saw myself in a new atmosphere and as a human being I tried to manipulate the natives mind and tried my best not to be seen.I just wanted to blend in.

But that was even harder because i was taller than everybody and i was like 1/3 black people in the whole school.The otheres were miliatry brats like me.
But that didnt stop me from making friends.The change didnt really affect me the way i thought it would.I still made friends and didnt become socially awkawd I did pretty good because the change was for the good!

No comments:

Post a Comment