Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Day 11 Response to Sherrae' / Arianna King

When I was 14 I was sent to a camp so I can get to know other kids. When I went away I found myself getting to know other kids and forgetting how I use to be. I was known for being a mean person and very self indulged. But, as time went on in camp I became a better person. While in camp my director was a 19 year old college student. She stayed in the little room in the loft. She always said to us if we had anything to talk about to come to her and tell her what was up. But, she made sure she gave us space but the space was to help us become who we are. But, we know that she was very serious about what we should and should not be doing. The night before I left she pulled each one of us and talked to us and gave us her number. I still to this day talk to her. She is one of my older friends that I seek out for advice many times a day. When I came home I talked different and I dressed different. Some of my friends could not understand why I acted so differently. As the school year went on I found myself hanging out with a different group of people and being nicer. My grandmother says she was very happy for my change in attitude and my actions. My old ways was making people not want to deal with me and that left me with a small group of friends that had the same problem as me. So now when I see girls act so mean and always rolling their eyes. I try to understand what’s wrong with them. Then I think back to when I was like that and how I thought the world revolved around me. I am still learning that the world does not owe me anything. But, I think that I have come a long way in my life where I may not fall as hard as any other girl that is my age now. In Persepolis Marjane came back to her once called home to find everything had changed. “I felt as though I were walking through a cemetery. Surrounded by the victims of a war I had fled I was unbearable, I hurried home. (251). This shows how much change her and her once called home had changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment