Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Summer Time- Answer to Sharrae'- Antonio Hill


Back when I was a kid, there were lots of trends that came on a daily basis. One day one thing would be in style and then next day another thing would be in style. It’s funny because now I look back at how I used to dress back then and wonder what I was thinking. Well one hot summer day, my little brother went down to his father’s house in West Virginia. A couple days passed, days quickly turned to weeks, and weeks ended up being the whole last 2 months of summer. I think that was the summer that I had the least amount of fun. Everyday something bad happened to me, literally. I had gone over my cousin’s house in Grosse Pointe, MI which is a suburb outside of Detroit. A very racist suburb I might add. I was walking down the street (in the street) and was pulled over because the cops said I was looking suspicious. It just sis happen that I had marijuana on me at the time which actually wasn't mine, it was my cousins I forgot I had it in my pocket. Ended up going to jail and pleading guilty to possession of narcotics, but by the grace of God I had gotten off. Long story short, my mother put me on punishment for the rest of the summer. My brother ended up coming back from West Virginia and it seemed like everything changed. He came back with his ears pierced, a couple tattoo's and car. How crazy is that? I was happy for him but at the same time, you know how people act when they get a car for the first time. His personality somewhat shifted into an "I think I’m the man" mode. It wasn't towards me but seeing his attitude change did bother me. We still have fun and hang out together though.

No comments:

Post a Comment