Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Day 11 Response to Sherrae' {{Sherrae'}}


I wouldn’t call this a punishment, I would call this more of a consequence. There was the one time when I was about 15 and I didn’t clean up my room. I mean I didn’t think it was so messy. There were a couple of shirts, pairs of shoes, jeans, and belts. But I didn’t think it was that dirty that I had to suffer a consequence. One day my mother, younger brother, and older sister was about to take go shopping and to the movies, but I couldn’t go because my mother thought my room needed to be cleaned. She told me to clean it up at the beginning of the week, when it wasn’t as messy, and I chose not to. So they left me home, all alone cleaning my room. I honestly think they could’ve waited just a few minutes for me to clean it but instead they left. So I spent about 15 minutes cleaning my room, while they took the entire day to shop and see a movie. When they got back they had several shopping bags from dozens of stores, ice cream, from Baskin Robins, and smiles on their faces. And to top it off they’d met Lisa Raye and her mother while shopping. And I like Lisa Raye because her wardrobe is pretty nice and she’s funny. So yea, I cried because I felt like I’d missed out on fun. Just like in the book, True Notebook, Jimmy felt like he was in the “box” forever. He was only there for two days, and when he got out he got his personal items take away. (pg. 77) I can imagine how he felt, probably sad and angry because if we’d done the right thing from the start we wouldn’t have had to suffer a consequence.

No comments:

Post a Comment