Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Day 11: Answer to Sherrae' (Jorgina Kelly)


I don’t feel that it was punishment but one time I was so sick that I couldn’t go to school for a whole week and a half. The doctor told me that I had tonsillitis. That is when the throat is infected, germy and my tonsils were swollen. In class we had started a new unit in Government class. I was there the first two days of learning it but when I got sick I couldn’t be there anymore. I felt that I could catch up with the work when I get back to school. When I returned to school, the class had started a whole new unit and I felt like I was not supposed to be in the class. I came back thinking that I’m about to get a little help from my teacher and classmates but I had to use my own time to go after school and get tutored. I felt that since it wasn’t any type of suspension that I had then I should have got in class help instead of having to stay after school for help. It hadn’t change dramatically but enough for me to be lost and feel illiterate at the time. I felt like an elementary child just learning Algebra. I also understood that it was 25 other students that had to have their education also. So I left it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment