Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Day 11 responce Dacia Hill


I’ve always been considered a well behaved young lady. I never did things to get subjected to a punishment like getting into fights at school or failing classes. I was always taught to respect my elders and that helped me learn how to establish relationships with them. The most my mother would ever say to me is that she was disappointed in me and because I had never got into any real trouble that made me feel really bad. Once I go into seventh and eighth grade I began to change. I acquired a smart mouth and a headstrong attitude to anyone who disrespected me and looked down on me. I had lost myself. I turned into one of the people who made my life hell. I found out it was so easy to insult others to copy off someone else to protect yourself. It is hard to stand up for yourself and embrace your true identity. When marjane became caught up in her lies while in Austria, it took insults to herself and her country to bring her back. “That’s a relief considering how ugly she is, it would be unfair if she got a guy like Marc”, “I would commit suicide”, and the highest comment hit her directly. “She lies about knowing war” all of these quotes are found on page 196. For me my wakeup call was when some kids told this heavyset girl if she kept eating she would die. Since I had self image issues that almost made me cry.
My punishments may sound sill to you but I had my books taken away from me because I sent most of my time reading. Another was I had to sit on the couch and watch television I hated watching so much TV and my mom knew it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment