Wednesday, August 18, 2010

No Place Like Home


I just recently moved back to the neighborhood that I grew up in for most of my adolescence. I was gone for about four years. I moved back to this god awful place just so that I can to the bridge. My first day back I wanted to see the old apartment building that I lived in. When I was walking down Madison street I noticed that the stores had changed. Some were closed and others were worse and few looked better. The houses that were occupied when I left were now condemned and boarded up with tall grass and weeds growing all over them. When I got to the block and walked down the street to the house that I lived in I couldn’t believe what had happened. It had turned into a crack house. I saw junkies walking in and out of the once carpeted and nicely decorated hallway. Now the carpet is pulled up and the walls are covered in god knows what. Windows that had curtains on them now had old ratty sheets on them. It was such a disappointment to see a place I once called home look like that I felt horrible and ashamed everything changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment