Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Response to Sherrae (Christopher Johnson)


The summer before my freshman year in high school was very rough. My mother was unemployed and we were behind on all our bills. She applied for several jobs and finally got a call back to be a Correctional Officer in Colorado. Now my mother gets on my last nerves. Not a day goes by that we don't argue about something. I guess you can say that's how its always been because I'm her only child and its just basically been us my entire life. When she left to go to Colorado I was beyond sad because I'd missed her so much. The things that I was used to having my mom do for me I had to do. When she left she asked my older cousin to look out for me because she wanted me to have a good transition into high school. However the transition wasn't smooth because I wanted her around to give me some advice. Not only was school not okay but my eating habits were awful because i had no one to cook for me and therefore I wasn't in the best health. As it turns out she got injured one month into her training so she had to come back and she returned to her old job as a substitute teacher at my school. That month was probably one of the hardest months of my teenage life because I really missed her. I learned two things while she was gone. 1. Never take your mother for granted because she will not always be there when you need her (not necessarily because of death). 2. Eat your vegetables lol because when she was gone my dinner consisted of junk food and I ended up being constipated for a whole week (too much information I know.) ;) In True Notebooks the boys constantly speak about how they miss their parents and if they could do it all over again they would do a lot different especially Francisco Javier " I know you think I don't appreciate everything you've done for me , but its the opposite. I love you more than anything in this world and I think that there isn't no better mom than you." (96)Although I'm not locked up and my mother is not dead for that one month she was gone I truly felt their pain and truly. Now I know its important to love and appreciate your mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment