Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Day 11, Answer to Sherrae: Kiarah Lazo


When I was ten years old I knew a man who got locked up for about two years. The reason for being locked up dealt with drug dealing. I was told he never did the drugs; he only sold them to make money and help out his family. I found this out three years after he had gotten out of the “box”. This man was very close to me when I was younger; I actually looked up to him. Even though he broke many promises, I was a child and didn’t understand the whole concept of him being how he was. When the time came for him to come out he was a “changed man”. I think around the time he was locked up the whole terrorist attack happened in New York. I told him how now the airports are very secure and strict of whom and what goes into that airport. He was shocked and amazed at how the world seemed to be falling apart. Family members didn’t look at him the same; I could tell and feel the bad vibes floating around in the room. I didn’t feel the same, and he knew I didn’t by the look on my face. I was scared and kept questioning myself why he was sent away. My younger sister loved this man. Sadly she didn’t know what was going on. She actually thought he was sent away to Wisconsin for a “new job”. I mean, I was told the exact same line but I knew it wasn’t true. From my experience when someone gets sent to the “box” things change dramatically. Things could go back to normal but in my position things only got worse. This man changed so much because of the people around him. He now thinks people need to obey him and follow his rules. I tried being there still because I loved the man but things didn’t work out. We bumped heads constantly so we both went our separate ways. This man who I see sometimes standing in front of his store, giving people dirty looks is now a stranger to me. He no longer exist…

No comments:

Post a Comment